First Friday Events – May 4th, 2012
- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to the May First Friday Art Walk opening reception from 4 to 6pm featuring the Annual 5th Grade Invitational – showcasing work by area 5th grade students from Central, Horace May, JW Smith, Lincoln, Northern, Red Lake, Schoolcraft, Solway and St. Philips Elementary Schools.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall presents artist Melissa Burness and her exhibit Kaleidoscope Vision from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Brigid’s Cross Irish Pub presents paintings by Sandy Macleod
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – is pleased to present the debut exhibit by First City Artists showcasing photography and paintings of various mediums in their exhibit, “Serendipity” from 4-6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents photographer Cody Erickson - “Obliterating the Mundane” at 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk
- FREAXIS STUDIOS – welcomes you all to Fortuna Puppet Theatre’s rod and shadow show, “The Hangnail Affair” - two free short performances, at 5 pm and 6 pm
- Gallery North – Join us from 2:00 to 5:00 featuring our May Showcase Artist – Scott Rollenhagen from Big Falls. and our two Featured Artists -painter Marion Caroline and author John Eggers with a book signing
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective - Sign-up 6:30-7:30
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “Painting to Praxis, “Translating Ideas into Paint” by Instructor Paula Swenson and Exhibitors Holly Alcott, Terri Widman, Betty Christ, Sue Knudson, and Barbara Jolly from 3:00-5:00pm
EXHIBITS – Around Town
- Glazed & Amused presents “Trail Watch”, a photographic exhibit by Barb Meuers now through the end of May
- Headwaters School of Music and Arts - presents exhibit of works by the Artists of Studio 10
- Neilson Place – presents work by Bemidji area visual artists Kathy Gustafson and Pat Shough in a combined show entitled: “Flora and Fauna” now until the end of June