Join us for the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji on January 3rd, 2014
- Brigid’s Pub – presents the artists of Studio 10 for a new exhibit entitled “Winter Pastimes”. The exhibit includes some new works created especially for this exhibit as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on Friday Jan. 3rd. Join us from 4:30 to 6 pm for the opening reception and to meet the artists. Brigid’s Pub is located in Downtown Bemidji at 317 Beltrami Ave NW.
- Gallery North – continues their “Holiday Boutique” of hand made items as the Showcase Artist for the month of January with a reception on Friday afternoon, January 3rd from 2-5 pm. Gallery North is a non-profit cooperative art gallery that has been displaying and selling original art and fine crafts by area artists since 1989. Please check out the website at http://www.gallerynorthbemidji.com.
- Headwaters Science Center – is pleased to present Lindsey Owens as our featured First Friday artist. Lindsey was born and raised in Bemidji, MN. She attended TrekNorth High School and participated in the “Art From Within” show in 2011 and 2013. She participated in an art project her senior year with HSC and completed a mural combining the importance of art and science as part of a new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) initiative. Lindsey was contracted by the Parents Embracing Time After Loss (PETAL) Program for a piece displayed at the Sanford Hospital in Bemidji. Lindsey current attends University of Minnesota, Morris where she studies art and psychology. HSC will host a reception from 5 to 6 pm on January 3rd on the upper balcony of the Center. The public is invited to meet Lindsey and discuss her work, and enjoy light refreshments as a part of the first Friday Art Walk. Join us at the Headwaters Science Center, located at 413 Beltrami Ave in Downtown Bemidji. For more information call 444-4472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watermark Art Center (formerly Bemidji Community Art Center) will be closed through Jan 13th and re-open for regular hours on the 14th -Tuesday to Friday 12 noon to 5pm and Saturday’s 10am to 2pm. Located in the upper level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building at 426 Bemidji Ave N. 218-444-7570 or email@example.com
Exhibits around town…….
- Beltrami County History Center features artwork on display from Gallery North, along with their new history center exhibit “Trails Through Time”. This recently installed exhibit showcases county history from the time of glacial recession to the mid-20th century. Topics include Ojibwe history, logging, entertainment, education, and much more. With over 60 additional feet of new exhibit cases, this exhibit features more of the History Center’s extensive collections! Winter Hours: the History Center is open, now through the end of March, Saturdays from 10am to 4pm or by appointment for group visits and research. 218-444-3376
- Neilson Place presents “Walking Through Nature” an exhibit of paintings by Maureen O’Brien beginning November 15th and continuing through February 2014. Maureen brings nature to those who cannot walk in it daily. Neilson Place is located on the Sanford WoodsEdge campus, 1000 Anne Street NW. For hours or more information call 751-0220 extension #1.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse – presents “New Collaborations” by Marlon Davidson and Don Knudson continues through January at Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse. The artists are best known for their dimensional, mixed-media wall pieces that show well in private and public spaces. One of the objectives of the two artists is to successfully combine both natural elements and also more sophisticated content, and put them together in a way that makes the work harmonious. (Note: there will be no First Friday Wine Bar and Dinner at the Wild Hare in January, as well as no artist reception on January First Friday)