- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to the opening of the 12th Annual Bemidji Area High School Invitational from 4 to 6pm. This exhibit features work by Bemidji Area High School Students in all mediums. Please join us for the opening of this exciting show as a part of the First Friday Art Walk. Come & Vote between 4 pm and 5:30 pm for the People’s Choice Award for your favorite work of art. Winner will be announced at 6pm. Enjoy food, refreshments and music.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents Collyer Visuals a local collaboration between the talents of Leigh Collyer and Ron Schrader April 6th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM .
- The Center of Therapeutic Arts is pleased to present artist Jake Baggenstoss for the month of April. Join us on April 6th from 4 to 5 pm for Jake’s First Friday opening reception as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents nature photographer and self described naturalist, AJ Dombeck for their featured artist for April. AJ has been capturing nature and wildlife images in the Bemidji area for approximately three years. Stop by on April 6th from 5 to 7pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk to meet the artist and view his work showcasing the beauty found in Minnesota.
- FREAXIS STUDIOS – invites you to another intriguing First Friday event on April 6th from 4-7 pm. To coordinate with the High School Invitational upstairs in BCAC, we will have additional work by TrekNorth High School’s AP art class. In our tiny green gallery, poster art by Skidmark will fill the walls. At 6:00, a bit of – Poetry Out Loud, followed by Fortuna Puppet Theatre’s, “The Nose,” a rod and shadow puppet show. Refreshments will be Skidmark’s specialties.
- Gallery North – Join us on April 6th from 2:00 to 5:00 for our First Friday Art Walk Open House celebrating the art of Featured Artist – Diana Colison Jones and April Showcase Artist – Virgene Tyrell. Both artists will be sharing their insights and favorite techniques with the public as a part of the First Friday Art Walk Open House at Gallery North.
- Glazed & Amused presents “Trail Watch”, a photographic exhibit by Barb Meuers featuring images captured along the Paul Bunyan Trail on the east side of Lake Bemidji. Join us for Barbs reception on April 6th from 7 to 9 pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- NEW VENUE!! KBXE and the Northern Community Radio Board of Directors is hosting an open house on Friday April 6th from 5-7 p.m. as a part of the First Friday Art Walk and to celebrate the opening of KBXE in downtown Bemidji. We would like to welcome the community into the station – everyone is invited to stop by! Find us at 305 America Avenue NW, behind Harmony Food Co-op.
- Neilson Place Art Committee presents work by Bemidji area visual artists Kathy Gustafson and Pat Shough in a combined show entitled: “Flora and Fauna”. Join us Friday April 6th to welcome Kathy and Pat during our opening reception from 3:00 to 4:30 with an artist talk at 3:30.
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective. The Northwoods Folk Collective Open Stage offers an opportunity to share stories, music, poetry and other performance art with an attentive, enthusiastic, inter-generational audience. Host: Drew Warne-Jacobsen 218 760 9278. Sign-up 6:30-7:30.
- Saarens Productions – announces the 4th Independent Film Night to be presented on Friday, April 6th at 7 pm at the Wild Rose Theater. Suggested admission price is $5.00. Audience members will have the opportunity to vote for the films they believe should progress to the 2nd Annual Fathom Film Festival scheduled for April 20th & 21st at the Wild Rose Theater. The Fleur de Lis Gallery is displaying new photographic work by DeeJay Arens and will be open from 2 to 6 pm for First Friday.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present A “Free Tibet” art show, April 6th through May 2nd. To help bring awareness to the current conflict in Tibet, high school student, Raven Clark has assembled a collaborative art show, made possible by a mentorship grant received from the Region 2 Arts Council. First Friday opening reception – April 6th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
EXHIBITS – Around Town
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – The Cabin Coffeehouse is pleased to have artist Kendra Fuller return for the month of April. Please visit the artist’s work at 214 3rd St. NW, downtown Bemidji all of the month of April, open daily 7:30am to 8pm and visit us online at cabincoffeehouse.com
- Headwaters School of Music and Arts– presents exhibit of works by the Artists of Studio 10. The exhibit features an eclectic mix of subjects and media for all to enjoy during regular business hours at the school. The Headwaters School is located at 519 Minnesota Ave N. in Downtown Bemidji. For more information 218-444-5606
FOR FULL LISTING AND MORE INFO ON THE APRIL FIRST FRIDAY ART WALK