- Bemidji Community Art Center – invites you to the Annual 5th Grade Invitational and First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception on May 3rd from 4 to 6pm, featuring work by area 5th grade students from Central, Horace May, JW Smith, Lincoln, Northern, Red Lake, Schoolcraft, Solway and St. Philips Elementary Schools.
- Bemidji Public Library and Hope House – presents an exhibit of watercolor and creative writing along with a book release called “Leaves of the Writer – dreams and Visions”, created by Hope House Members with the guidance of painter in residence Judith Selby and writer in residence Cynthia Ekren. Join us for the opening reception from 2:00 to 5:00 PM featuring a reading at 3:30 and book signing by the authors as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on May 3rd.
- Gallery North – is pleased to host Mary Naylor as the Showcase Artist and Marie Hamre as the Featured Artist for the month of May with a reception on Friday afternoon, May 3rd from 2-5 pm.
- Glazed and Amused – presents artist Cody Bartz. Join us for the opening reception on Friday, May 3rd from 6:00 to 7:30 PM.
- Rail River Folk – presents Jon Heller and his exhibit “Odds & Ends” as their featured Artist for May. Opening reception is Friday May 3rd from 5pm to 7pm.
- Northwoods Folk Collective at Rail River – open mic starting at 7:30pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “A Little Local Color”, by painter Joan Wilson. Also featured will be an installation by mixed media artist Jami Burdick. Join us for the opening reception on First Friday, May 3rd, from 3-5pm.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
Headwaters School of Music and the Arts and the Bemidji—ACLU-MN (Greater Minnesota Racial Justice North Project) presents the fourth annual “Art from Within” exhibit now extended through the month of May.
Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee Neilson place presents artist Beverly Joslyn on display now through June 2013.