First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji for August 2nd, 2013
- SPECIAL DATE! Bemidji Community Art Center – presents work by Charles E. Alberti – “Solo Show since 1968 at 68” with an opening reception on August 9th, 2013 from 5pm to 7pm. “Since 1968 at 68” represents select pieces of Alberti’s work since 1968 as he turns 68 years of age.
- GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION! Bemidji Brewing Company – Explore the Art of Craft Beer at Bemidji Brewing Company’s NEW Taproom where you can sip, socialize, and soak up the beautiful views of the lake and downtown. The Taproom is located at 401 Beltrami Ave in downtown Bemidji and open on Fridays 4 – 9 pm and Saturdays 3 – 7 pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – During August, the Bemidji Public Library Art Wall will feature “Missing Pants”, a children’s picture book written and illustrated by 6 year-old Bemidji resident Vivi Allosso. The story is one that Vivi invented when she was just three years old, about an elephant that was her favorite stuffed animal. In May, Vivi was informed she had won 1st place in the Kindergarten section of the local contest “PBS Kids Go! Writer’s Contest”, and in July she won the first prize in the national contest. Join us for her opening reception as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on Friday August 2 from 3:00 – 5:00.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents artist Lauralee Simons for the month of August. Lauralee’s exhibit of oil paintings feature close-ups of flowers and the American flag. Join us for the opening reception from 5 to 7pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- Gallery North – presents photographer Barb Meuers as the Showcase Artist for the month of August along with Featured Artists, Patty Lovegreen and Jeannie Fenner. Join us on August 2nd from 2 to 5pm for our First Friday Art Walk Opening and Artist Reception.
- Glazed and Amused – will be hosting two artists for the Month of August. Painter Mike Mohler and potter Ben C Shuts’ Ben will also do demonstrations while welcoming young people and their families to PLAY WITH CLAY when they arrive. Join us from 5:30 to 7pm for the opening reception.
- SPECIAL EVENT – Headwaters Science Center is pleased to present an exhibit of nature photography as a part of the August First Friday Art Walk. Participants in a recent Headwaters Science Center Photography Camp will present their work during a reception from 5 to 6:30 pm on August 2nd on the upper balcony of the Science Center.
- Rail River Folk School – presents the Northwoods Folk Collective Open Stage offering an opportunity to share stories, music, poetry and other performance art with an attentive, enthusiastic, inter-generational audience. Host: Drew Warne-Jacobsen 218 760 9278. Sign-up 6:30-7:30. Open mic starts at 7:30.
- Ravenrock Gallery of Jewelry and Fine Art is pleased to announce the opening of “Eclectic Energy” a collection of paintings and collage by Jan McLandsborough and Pamela Nelson. A reception will be held on August 2nd from 4:30 – 6:30. The Artists of Studio 10 will also display “Northwoods Inspiration”.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will proudly present “A Celebration of Light”, by painter Jane Freeman. Meet the artist at the opening reception on First Friday, August 2nd, from 3:00-5:00pm. Please Note: There is no First Friday Dinner and Wine Bar in August in observance of the Dragon Boat Festival.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
- Beltrami County History Center features a new artwork on display from Gallery North, along with a new history center exhibit Th“Trails Through Time.” The Beltrami County History Center is open Wed-Sat, noon-4pm.
- Neilson Place presents a photography display of “Through Our Eyes” by Aynsley Kluchnik and Abby Szarkowski now through October. Framed and unframed photos as well as greeting cards will be available for purchase in the Bistro Gift Shop throughout the display’s duration.
For more information go to Upcoming First Friday