It’s Only Clay 2019 Prospectus and Application
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
• All work must be functional ceramics.
• Submitted works must be original and produced after January 2018.
• All entries must value $700 or less. NFS must be marked as such on jury application.
• Accepted works that differ from the juried image will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• $30 FEE for 1 to 3 images
• If accepted, art must be prepared and ready for install/hanging.
• No accepted entry may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibit.
2019 ITS ONLY CLAY TIMELINE:
• August 10 - Applications postmarked
• August 31 - Jury completion and acceptance email notification sent
• August 31 – Sept 23 - Delivery of work to Watermark Art Center
• Oct 2 - 3 It’s Only Clay Pre-Opening Events
• Oct 4 - Exhibit Opening Reception & Awards - 5 to 7pm - Kaul Gallery Watermark Art Center
• Oct 4 to Dec 21, 2019 – Exhibit
• Dec 31, 2019 payments made to artists
• Jan 6, 2020- Begin return of works and artist pick up
2019 JURY AWARDS:
First Place: $1,000.00
Second Place: $700.00
Third Place: $300.00
BSU PURCHASE AWARDS:
Purchase awards for the full value of work will be made by the Bemidji State University Visual Arts Department. These works will be included in the Margaret Harlow Vessel Collection, a permanent functional ceramics collection at Bemidji State University. (All other sales will be subject to a 50% commission to the Watermark Art Center.) Awards will be announced at the October 4th opening reception and be posted online by midnight, CST.
A 50% commission will be retained for all works being sold by the Watermark Art Center and artist retail prices should reflect this commission. Indicate NFS for works not for sale (we will still need a value for insurance purposes). You will be notified of any sales at the end of exhibit with payment made on or before December 31st, 2019.
DELIVERY & RETURN OF WORK:
• Work may be hand delivered or shipped in sturdy, reusable cardboard cartons.
• All artwork is shipped to and from the Watermark at the artist's expense.
• All artwork shipped must be double-boxed with label on interior box to include: image of work sent, title, artist name and address.
• All artwork must be clearly labeled with the title of the work and artist’s name.
• Please include adequate postage or shipping for return of your work.
DIGITAL IMAGE JURY PROCEDURE:
Jurying will be done by entering submissions through this online form or by downloading a paper application and mailing with CD or USB flash drive. (If you prefer to download the paper form, see Watermark's website.) Digital images should be no larger than 8.5" x 8.5" set at 300 dpi. (do not include name on image). Include entry form with the artist's name, title of the work, media, retail price/NFS, size (HxWxD), date completed and application fee for $30. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
All reasonable care will be exercised with original work and work sample images. However, the hosting organizations /or individuals assume no responsibility and shall not be held liable for damages of any kind which may occur while work is in transit. Upon acceptance, the sponsors retain the right to reproduce images, regardless of copyright, for promotional or educational purposes. Images may be placed on the Watermark website.
IOC 2019 is underwritten by First National Bank of Bemidji and is a collaboration with Bemidji State University Department of Technology Art & Design and the BSU Foundation.