- Bemidji Community Art Center – presents the 13th Annual High School Spring Exhibit featuring work by area High School Students. Join us during the opening reception from 4 to 6pm for art – refreshments – music. PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD – Come early and vote for your favorite work of art and help us select the “Peoples Choice Award”. Voting is available between 4pm and 5:30 pm. Winner announced at 6pm!
- Bemidji Public Library – presents mixed media and collage artist Melanie Rietveld and her exhibit – Dreaming In Color”. Join us for her opening reception from 3:00 to 5:00 in the Main Reading Room of the Bemidji Public Library for the Meet the Artist reception.
- Gallery North – is pleased to host the Artists of Minnesota Traveling Mini Show and wish to invite the public to view the exhibit during our First Friday Open House April 5, 2013 from 2-5 pm. First Friday featured artist Curtis Shagunn will also be present.
- Glazed and Amused – presents Diamond Knispel as their April First Friday Art Walk artist. Diamond is a self-taught visual artist from Northern Minnesota. Join us for her opening reception on Friday, April from 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts and the Bemidji—ACLU-MN (Greater Minnesota Racial Justice North Project) presents the fourth annual “Art from Within” exhibit from April 5th through April 27th. The community is invited for the opening reception on Friday April 5th at 5:00 pm followed by the art awards announcements at 6:00 pm. The event is part of the First Friday Art Walk and is free and open to the public.
- Rail River Folk – presents Kailey Babcock and Justice Deiter for their duo show at the Rail River Folk School for the month of April. Join us for the opening of “New Beginnings” from 4 to 6 pm. After the reception, stay for the Northwoods Folk Collective open mic starting at 7:30pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse proudly presents “Wetland” by painter Mary Lingen through the month of April. Meet Mary, and try her famous cookies, at the opening reception on First Friday, April 5th, from 3:00-5:00pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
- Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee Neilson place presents artist Beverly Joslyn on display now through June 2013. Originally from Cass Lake Beverly is a self taught, wildlife artist who now resides in Walker, MN. Neilson Place is located on the Sanford WoodsEdge campus 1000 Anne Street NW. For hours or more information call 751-0220, ext #1.
For more information on the April First Friday Art Walk go to Upcoming First Friday