Watermark Art Center is hiring a Communications Director! Join our team to be part of a creative work environment, with flexible hours and a passionate team of co-workers.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: 28,000 – $32,000/yr
Submission deadline: Sunday, July 21, 2019
Description: The Communications Director is in charge of the design, content and strategic vision of the organization’s marketing, which includes both traditional media and a robust digital presence. The chosen candidate will work with Watermark staff and committee members to coordinate and implement strategies that promote the organization’s activities. He or she will build brand recognition and ensure that Watermark’s online presence supports the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- writing press releases on regular basis
- designing marketing material such as posters, monthly mailers, e-newsletters and more
- running Watermark’s website and social media pages and creating content (written, video, photo) for said digital channels
- overseeing Watermark’s advertising and underwriting opportunities
- coordinating all community events for the First Friday Art Walk
Requirements: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a communications or marketing-related field) with two or more years of professional writing experience. Knowledge of website design and social media also required.
In addition, candidates must:
- be organized, self-motivated, energetic and friendly
- have great attention to detail
- possess exceptional writing and language skills, with ability to convey a message into relevant and interesting content
- be able to multi-task and juggle multiple, overlapping deadlines
- know how to communicate effectively to a wide, diverse audience
- experience in graphic design is helpful
- knowledge of basic digital photography preferred
- public relations experience preferred
Tools & Programs Used: WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Gmail & Google Drive, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Excel), Photoshop, Google Maps.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties, email Emily Enger at firstname.lastname@example.org.