- Watermark Art Center (former Bemidji Community Art Center) – presents the Annual “Members Show” as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on October 4th, 2013. Join us for our opening reception from 5 to 7 pm featuring work that is created or collected by members of the Bemidji Community Art Center.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents “Wild About Horses” as their October Art Wall Exhibit featuring artist Marion Caroline on Friday Oct. 4th from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Gallery North – presents their “Autumn Art Fest Watercolor Contest” as the Showcase Artist for the month of October with a reception on Friday afternoon, October 4th from 2-5 pm. Carol Hoyem is the Featured Artist.
- Headwaters Science Center -presents Lainie Hiller Photography on Friday, October 4th from 5 to 6 pm on the upper balcony of the Center. The public is invited to meet Lainie and discuss her work, and enjoy light refreshments as a part of the October First Friday Art Walk.
- Rail River Folk School – presents the Northwoods Folk Collective Open Stage offering an opportunity to share stories, music, poetry and other performance art with an attentive, enthusiastic, inter-generational audience. Host: Drew Warne-Jacobsen 218 760 9278. Sign-up 6:30-7:30. Open mic starts at 7:30.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse –will present the photography of Leigh Collyer, October 4th through 30th. Opening reception on First Friday, October 4th, from 3:00-5:00pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm. See the menu at wildharebistro.com.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
- Beltrami County History Center features artwork on display from Gallery North, along with their new history center exhibit “Trails Through Time.”
- Dunn Bros presents artist Oliver Cotting as their Featured Artist for the month of October as a part of the First Friday Art Walk. Cotting works in acrylic paint and graphite.
- Glazed and Amused – will be hosting Scott Mousseau as their guest artist for October. Working in a variety of mediums Scott will be presenting a large collection of photography, works in charcoal, pastel, oils, watercolor, pen and pencil using a variety of techniques in his exhibit New Perspectives.
- Neilson Place presents a photography display, “Through Our Eyes” by Aynsley Kluchnik and Abby Szarkowski now through the end of October.
MORE INFORMATION ON UPCOMING FIRST FRIDAY PAGE………