Celebrate Heart Month with Sanford Health
Wednesday or Thursday, February 26 or 27 | 5-8p.m.
Watermark Art Center
505 Bemidji Ave., Bemidji, MN 56601
Cost: $25 per person
Space is limited. Registration is required.
Enjoy light appetizers while touring the Watermark Art Center, listen to
a Sanford Health heart expert share health tips, and participate in making
a mosaic heart. In addition, you will receive a voucher for a free heart screening (value $35).
Register on this page with the Watermark Art Center.
Heart Screenings Save Lives
Your Sanford Heart Screen Includes (Sanford link here):
- Cardiac calcium score: A heart scan or X-ray.
- EKG: Sensors on your skin can detect the electrical activity of your heart.
- Body mass index (BMI): Your doctor will use your height and weight to determine your BMI.
- Non-fasting cholesterol: High cholesterol typically has no symptoms, so it’s important to have your cholesterol levels checked with a quick finger poke.
- Blood pressure: Many people don’t know they have high blood pressure until they’ve been tested for it. A painless arm squeeze will educate you on your risk.
- Framingham score: A risk estimate for developing heart disease in the next 10 years.