This is a create at home class – make at home on your own time.
Join us in creating art that honors this traditional Mexican celebration which takes place on November 1st and 2nd . Dia De Los Muertos is a distinct spiritual time of the year to gather family members together, reflect, and remember those that are no longer with us. It is a happy celebration meant to honor dearly departed loved ones, and to appreciate life while still being part of the living.
This Create at Home Art Kit is suitable for ages 6 and up
Cost – $15 (includes supplies and detailed pictorial instructions).
Participants can register and pick up their class supply kits from WAC between October 21 and October 30. Shipping available for $5. Mention your preference in the comments.
Kids will learn about Day of the Dead as they create this quirky, fun moveable skeleton decoration.
Create at home kits contain:
- Foam ball – for faux sugar skull
- Acrylic paints (5 colors)
- Tons of stuff to decorate your skeleton…
- Felt cut outs, rhinestones, sequins, stickers, buttons, etc.
- Paper towel – to imitate sugary texture
- Skeleton pattern on card stock
- Ideas for both female and male Day of the Dead skeletons
- Small sized paint brush
You will need:
- Serrated knife
- Paint brushes
- Paper towels
- Water container
- Hot glue gun / regular glue