Watermark is OPEN!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE WAC
A Quick Look:
- We will continue to offer free admission to galleries and shop!
- We will provide hand sanitizing stations at both entrance/exits for use upon entry and when leaving the art center.
- We will have plexi- glass shields at our reception desk and retail counter
- We will require staff and volunteers to wear masks and have wellness checks before their shifts
- We will sanitize common areas frequently
From Watermark’s Staff & Volunteers:
We at the Watermark have been looking forward to seeing all of you since our closure on March 18th due to the corona virus pandemic. We are committed to providing the community a place for creative inspiration, reflection and engagement. A part of that commitment is to help insure that we provide a safe experience for all of our visitors, staff and volunteers. And to do that, we will have several policies and protocols in place that are recommended and outlined in the STAY SAFE MN industry guidelines.
On Wednesday, July 1st, the Watermark Art Center will reopen our galleries and retail store with limited days as part of a phased rollout. Please note – All visitors will be required to wear a mask (or something to cover nose and mouth). We also ask that you be aware of and observe social distancing guidelines in the galleries and shop, as well as front reception.
WAC will be implementing enhanced cleaning protocols, provide hand sanitation stations at both entries and masks will be made available for visitors who do not have one. Plexi-glass shields will be in place at reception and SHOP 505 check out. We ask that visitors abide by set maximum audience occupancy numbers for the building, gallery spaces and the shop in compliance with MDH Social Distancing guidelines.
For the time being, the WAC Education Studio will be closed for classes, meetings and other activities. But, you can find information on our “Create at Home” art classes and our “DYI Maker Series” here. We will reintroduce additional art education programming, artist presentations and other events when it is safer to do so in the future. Also, as we re-open to visitors, WAC will continue to make its exhibits available through our on line virtual galleries for your convenience.
Expect adjustments to be made as the situation changes, so please watch for updates here and our social media outlets for updates. Thank you for your patience and for your support! We look forward to seeing you soon!!
All Guests, visitors, delivery people and vendors are welcome to the Watermark!
For everyone’s safety, we will all be required to:
- Wear masks (paper masks will be available for free to those who do not have one)
- Respect physical distancing by staying safely 6 feet or more away from other visitors who are not in your family unit and WAC workers
- Be aware of and observe posted gallery and shop capacity numbers to avoid overcrowding
In order to adhere to safe physical distance guidelines, staff will monitor to ensure that there are:
- 40 people maximum in the Center at once (25% capacity – does not include Region 2 offices)
- 6 people maximum in BSU Harlow/Kleven and Miikanan galleries at once
- 6 shoppers maximum in SHOP 505 at once
In the coming months, the WAC plans to continue to carefully re-open, following prescribed guidelines and looks forward to providing:
- New exhibits and exciting arts programming
- Increased occupancy for facility and galleries
- Small outdoor events and classes
- Access to the Education Studio re-introducing small group classes and small group meetings,
- Larger events and greater occupancy numbers
Be smart. Stay safe. An inherent risk of exposure exists in any place where people are present. Please observe the precautions above.